05 July, 2010

The Essence of Stephen King

Stephen King is undoubtedly one of my all time favorite authors. His mind is as twisted as a catholic school girls panties and his imagination rivals that of Eric Cartman. The following quotes might just explain away his macabre brilliance or might leave you with one eyebrow raised higher than the Eiffel Tower.

Enjoy

Hope is a good thing - maybe the best thing, and no good thing ever dies

Fiction is the truth inside the lie.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Both Rowling and Meyer, they’re speaking directly to young people. … The real difference is that [Harry Potter author] Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and [Twilight author] Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good.

I think that we're all mentally ill. Those of us outside the asylums only hide it a little better - and maybe not all that much better after all.

God is cruel. Sometimes he makes you live.

I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries.

I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged.

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost.

Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.

People want to know why I do this, why I write such gross stuff. I like to tell them I have the heart of a small boy... and I keep it in a jar on my desk.

The devil's voice is sweet to hear.

The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there... and still on your feet.

The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool.

We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones.

When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."


Time takes it all whether you want it to or not, time takes it all. Time bares it away, and in the end there is only darkness. Sometimes we find others in that darkness, and sometimes we lose them there again.


We fall from womb to tomb, from one blackness and toward another, remembering little of the one and knowing nothing of the other ... except through faith

Sorry is the Kool-Aid of human emotions. It's what you say when you spill a cup of coffee or throw a gutterball when you're bowling with the girls in the leage. True sorrow is as rare as true love.

Life is not a support system for art. It is the other way around.




No comments:

Post a Comment